Today I am giving you cocktail recipe! Whaaaaat?! I know. I don’t do much of alcoholic drinks around here. But you know what? I do drink sometimes! I love white wine, sangria, frozen margaritas and… whisky! Specifically bourbon. Because it just sounds so fancy to say you enjoy bourbon. And if you too want to be one of those hip people who walk into the liquor store to pick up a bottle of bourbon, this recipe is your way in.
Here we have a twist on a whisky sour (which is typically whisky, simple syrup and lemon juice, plus an egg white foam on top) but I switched the simple syrup for an elevated peach simple syrup. Omitted the egg white foam, because we keep it vegan around here, and added a sprig of rosemary for extra fancy bonus points. It is a delightfully peachy cocktail that is perfect for end of summer picnics or an afternoon in the sun with a good book.Print
Peach & Rosemary Bourbon Cocktail
A delightful twist on a whisky sour (minus the foam!) using peach simple syrup, lemon juice, bourbon and rosemary.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
Peach Simple Syrup:
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 fresh peach, chopped (leave the skin on for a pretty pink colour)
- 2 shots (about 6 tbsp) bourbon or whisky
- 6 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 tbsp peach simple syrup
- 2 sprigs of rosemary (optional, if you don’t have any!)
- 1 peach, sliced for garnish
- 6 ice cubes
Peach Simple Syrup:
- In a small pot on medium heat, add all peach syrup ingredients and stir to combine. Increase heat and bring to a simmer, gently mashing the peaches as you go. They will soften the longer it simmers.
- Reduce heat to medium/high and let simmer gently for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a small jar or container. Set aside. If not using right away or if you have extras, cover with a lid and store in the fridge up to a week.
- In a cocktail shaker or large mason jar, add bourbon, lemon juice, syrup and ice. Add lid and shake vigorously for about 20 seconds.
- Add some peach slices to each glass, and divide the cocktail between the glasses. Add the ice too if you wish. Top each with a sprig of rosemary. Enjoy responsibly!