Classic cinnamon rolls, smooshed into a loaf tin, risen to golden, cinnamon sugar perfection. Can be eaten warm as a pull-apart bread or cool, sliced with nut butter. Truly a winner no matter how ya slice it!
5 x 9 inch loaf tin, greased
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 3 tbsp cane sugar
- 3 tbsp vegan butter or margarine
- 2 tsp active dry yeast (approx. 1 packet)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup softened vegan butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Add the nondairy milk and cane sugar to a small pot on medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved and milk is warm to the touch.
- Add to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle yeast on top. Stir gently a few times, then let sit 10 minutes, uncovered until yeast is foamy/bubbly on top.
- Meanwhile, add the vegan butter into the small pot and melt on medium heat.
- Pour butter into the yeast mixture. Stir gently. Add flour and stir to form a dough. Add a sprinkle of flour to the dough if it is still slightly too sticky. Knead a few times until combined into a smooth dough ball. Cover with a tea towel and place in a draft-free area. Let rise 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add the brown sugar and cinnamon and mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll it into a long rectangle about 11 x 17 inches with a rolling pin.
- Spread the softened vegan butter or margarine evenly over the dough. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the dough.
- Starting with the side closest to you, start rolling the dough from bottom to top.
- Slice on an angle into triangle-shaped pieces (see photos above!). Place at random in the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake for 43-45 minutes, until browned on top and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes before attempting to remove. It will continue to cook a few minutes after leaving the oven so don’t skip this step!