The most PERFECT end of summer cocktail, blueberry vodka lemonade! Its sweet, tart and has the best lemon sugar rim. Why did it take me so long to try making fancy sugar? It’s really so easy, just lemon zest and sugar, but tastes so incredible I could eat it on its own! What type of sugar should I try making next?! Lavender? Orange? Vanilla?
We’re making our own blueberry simple syrup in this recipe- but I wanted to note that this stuff is HEAVEN. Like, pour all over pancakes, waffles, ice cream sort of deal. Not just for cocktails! You’ll have leftovers so now you’ll know what to do with it.Print
Blueberry Vodka Lemonade with Lemon Sugar Rim
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
Blueberry Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup wild blueberries
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 shots vodka (I used Northern Keep)
- 2 shots lemon juice
- 6 tbsp blueberry simple syrup
- soda water
- Add the sugar, water and blueberries to a small pot on high heat and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer low for about 10 minutes. Pour into a jar through a fine mesh sieve to strain out the berries. Set aside.
- To a small, flat bowl, add lemon zest and sugar and stir to combine.
- Dip the rim of each glass into a bowl of lemon juice, then dip into the lemon sugar to coat the rim.
- Fill each glass 3/4 full with ice cubes. Add 1 shot of Northern Keep vodka, 1 shot of lemon juice and 3 tbsp blueberry syrup to each glass and then top with soda water. Enjoy!