Possibly the best pumpkin muffins ever!!! The buttery cinnamon oat streusel topping really makes them feel like a bakery treat, which I am all about in the fall! Most of the time bakeries and coffee shops don’t have vegan treats, and if they do, its some sort of date square or energy ball (yawn) so I have to skip it. But these. These are good. And you can make them at home which actually saves you money (especially if you make your latte at home too!)
Pumpkin puree, vegan butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, all the good stuff really. You can make these in one bowl which means they’re so speedy! I guess the streusel requires a little side bowl but I’m telling you these really are simple – promise!Print
Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Oat Streusel
Pumpkin spice vegan muffins with oat streusel topping.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20-23 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 7 muffins 1x
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 2/3 cup (one and two-thirds cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1–2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup soft vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, melted vegan butter, nondairy milk, pumpkin puree and molasses and stir until combined. Add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir to form a thick batter.
- Divide evenly into 7 muffin cups (either lined with paper or silicone liners).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, oats and sugar. Add butter and use your hands or a pastry blender to crumble the butter into the dry mixture – it should look like wet sand.
- Add streusel to the top of each muffin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Then, without opening the oven or removing the muffin tin, reduce oven temperature to 350 F and bake another 15 – 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack. Enjoy!