Pumpkin spice vegan muffins with oat streusel topping.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 2/3 cup (one and two-thirds cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1–2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup soft vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, melted vegan butter, nondairy milk, pumpkin puree and molasses and stir until combined. Add flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir to form a thick batter.
- Divide evenly into 7 muffin cups (either lined with paper or silicone liners).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, oats and sugar. Add butter and use your hands or a pastry blender to crumble the butter into the dry mixture – it should look like wet sand.
- Add streusel to the top of each muffin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Then, without opening the oven or removing the muffin tin, reduce oven temperature to 350 F and bake another 15 – 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20-23 mins