I’m sure if you’ve been following my YouTube channel or this blog for any length of time, you’ll know my love for pasta. I seriously love pasta in all forms, every type of sauce and recipe, its truly just the best comfort food in my opinion. I have SO many pasta recipes on this website – take these examples a, b, and c as proof (although there are probably 20 more I could have listed) but today’s recipe is totally new! Which is exciting!
Today we have a lentil & minced veggie “meat” cooked in an Instant Pot with marinara, pumpkin puree and nondairy milk to create a thick, silky and flavourful sauce. For veggies I used carrot and mushroom, but feel free to sub something else like bell pepper here.
If you don’t have pumpkin puree where you live, you can easily make your own puree with squash, sweet potato or pie pumpkins. A quick google search will teach you how! Here, we can get pumpkin puree in cans, so it’s super easy to just grab a few to use throughout the fall months.Print
Pumpkin Lentil Spaghetti
A lentil & minced veggie “meat” cooked in a pumpkin marinara sauce. This recipe uses an instant pot but there will be stovetop directions below as well.
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- 2 carrots, minced (I did mine in a food processor)
- 1/2 onion, minced (I did mine in a food processor)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, minced (I did mine in a food processor
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 3/4 cup dry brown lentils
- 1 cup store-bought marinara sauce
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup nondairy milk
- Pinch of salt
- 400g dry spaghetti
- Add oil to pot. Click the “saute” button and let it heat up a few minutes. Add the minced veggies, onion and garlic, and cook about 5 minutes, until carrots have softened.
- Turn Instant Pot off. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and stir.
- Using the “manual” mode, or whatever the high pressure mode is called on your pot, set it to cook on high for 16 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- When the sauce has finished cooking, release the steam, then stir. Add cooked spaghetti and stir to combine. Serve.
- To a large pot on medium heat, add oil, minced onion, garlic and veggies and cook for 5 minutes, until carrot has softened.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients, stir, and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer 40 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Add cooked spaghetti to finished sauce and stir to combine. Serve.