I truly can’t believe how adorable these mini bagels are. I saw @danahassonn on Instagram making this super easy recipe and I just had to try to veganize it and see if it worked! Her recipe uses greek yogurt and eggs, so I wasn’t sure how it would turn out. However, it totally worked and they are the cutest little snack! Perfect for making mini bagel sandwiches or just enjoy with a layer of vegan cream cheese! Dana also used store-bought everything bagel seasoning, but I decided to make my own since I couldn’t find it in any stores near me.
So how’s the texture?
Well, they’re gluten-free, so I didn’t expect the typical doughy consistency when I took a bite. They are more crumbly (although they do hold together really well!) than wheat bagels, and they’re not chewy. However, they are good in their own way! Definitely give them a try if you want to make a tasty snack in under 30 minutes. They really are so simple!
I’m including the brands I used here because I think that will be helpful, but of course you can try different brands and let me know how it goes!
What do they taste like?
They definitely have a tangy flavour, thanks to the yogurt. That’s why I recommend serving with something cheesy like vegan cheese, or something savoury like vegan cheese and Tofurky! The tangy flavour comes through but is masked by a tangy topping. I hope that makes sense :)!Print
4-Ingredient Mini Everything Bagels (vegan + gf)
Mini gluten-free and vegan everything bagels. Inspired by @danahassonn on Instagram! Thanks for the Inso Dana!
- Yield: 8 mini bagels 1x
- 2 1/4 cups fine almond flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup plain greek-style dairy-free yogurt (I used Daiya plain)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (any brand will work, and melted vegan butter should work too)
- 1 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
Everything Bagel Seasoning:
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp dehydrated onion flakes
- 1 tbsp dehydrated garlic flakes
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine almond flour and yogurt and mix until its a thick dough.
- Using wet hands, scoop a heaping spoonful of dough into your hands and roll into a 4 inch (approx) long rope shape. Place onto prepared baking sheet in a mini bagel shape (with the two ends touching and a hole in the middle). Repeat with the rest of the dough – you should have 8 mini bagels.
- Generously brush the top of each bagel with oil and then sprinkle with everything bagels seasoning.
- Bake 28 minutes. I broiled mine for 2 minutes afterwards to make the tops nice and golden.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet, then slice and serve with vegan cream cheese or whatever else you like!