Hey! Hi! Hello! Guys. I’m so excited. I got some new photography backdrops (hence the dark brown you see in these photos) and got completely reinsured photography-wise. I went prop-shopping (propping?!) and got some spooky stuff to style this cocktail. Because honestly, this cocktail deserves its own styled shoot.
Not only is it spooky as heck (lol) but its absolutely delicious and perfect for drinking all week until Halloween. Is anyone dressing up? We don’t have too many Covid cases here (or maybe none at all actually…) so Halloween is a go. But I know in a lot of places you’re going back into lockdown which is so sad. I feel for you. BUT doesn’t mean you can’t dress up, whip up a poison apple cocktail and watch a scary movie!
So. Is this drink actually poison?
Well… technically yes because it contains alcohol HAHA. But, the “poison” in the syringe is actually just pomegranate juice. You can use whatever red liquid you like though! Cranberry juice, syrup, grenadine, etc etc. Use your spooky imagination!
How do you make this spooky drink?
Super easy actually! We’re using bourbon (my fav), apple pie liqueur (or use apple liqueur or apple cider), ginger beer, pomegranate juice, ice, and on the rim is just cinnamon sugar. Easy peasy!
I hope you enjoy this drink. I had so much fun making it (and drinking it at 11am on a Monday) so I hope you do too!Print
Poison Apple Cocktail
- Yield: 1 cocktail
The spookiest Halloween cocktail: The Poison Apple!
For 1 cocktail:
- 1 shot apple pie or just apple liqueur
- 1/2 shot bourbon (or more if you like a strong drink)
- 1/3 cup ginger beer
- pomegranate juice or red syrup to add just before serving
- 1 tbsp sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon to dim the rim in
- Add all ingredients except for pomegranate juice into a cocktail shaker and shake for a few seconds until cold.
- Dab the rim of the glass with some ginger beer, then roll in cinnamon sugar. Pour drink into glass. Serve immediately.
This looks AMAZING! great photography
Thank you! 🙂