The creamiest, dreamiest, completely dairy-free mashed potatoes. If you are hoping to make a plant-based holiday dinner (or even just a few dishes!) look no further than this star side – creamy mashed potatoes with the perfect hint of garlic and fresh thyme.
If you’re ever going to splurge on fresh herbs, this recipe is the one to use them in! The fresh thyme adds such a beautiful flavour and makes your kitchen smell incredible!
How do they get so creamy?
I used to think that in order to make super creamy mashed potatoes you needed to use an electric mixer and some fancy ingredients, but its actually much easier than that! A bit of vegan butter, coconut milk and some stirring will get you incredibly creamy, fluffy mashed potatoes that are just begging to be doused in some holiday gravy.Print
Creamy Garlic Thyme Mashed Potatoes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
Super creamy, completely dairy-free garlic & thyme mashed potatoes.
- 2.5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed with the side of a knife
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- In a large pot of water, boil the potatoes and 2 cloves smashed garlic until potato is fork-tender. Drain and roughly mash.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot or frying pan on medium heat, add the coconut milk, butter, minced garlic, and thyme. Heat until butter is melted and mixture is hot. Set aside off the heat to let the thyme infuse for 5 minutes.
- Pour butter mixture into potato pot and mash again, then stir until creamy. It should be very easy to mix, but if you wish to use an electric mixer you can.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of cracked black pepper.