Super creamy, completely dairy-free garlic & thyme mashed potatoes.
- 2.5 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed with the side of a knife
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- In a large pot of water, boil the potatoes and 2 cloves smashed garlic until potato is fork-tender. Drain and roughly mash.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot or frying pan on medium heat, add the coconut milk, butter, minced garlic, and thyme. Heat until butter is melted and mixture is hot. Set aside off the heat to let the thyme infuse for 5 minutes.
- Pour butter mixture into potato pot and mash again, then stir until creamy. It should be very easy to mix, but if you wish to use an electric mixer you can.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of cracked black pepper.