Hi beautiful friends! Happy Wednesday. I know my American friends and peers are having an abnormal Wednesday today, waiting anxiously to hear the results of the 2020 presidential election. Sending big hugs to you! Don’t forget to hug your loved ones, take care of yourself and spend some time off the screens- though I know how hard it is to do when you’re waiting for news like that.
In the spirit of this crazy day for a lot of my readers, I wanted to share an EASY, but super delicious sheet pan dinner. Sheet pan dinners truly are a life saver, time saver and dish-saver! So much less effort is needed when everything is done on the sheet pan, so today’s recipe is the perfect one if you’re having a hard time coming up with the motivation to cook.
What’s so great about this recipe?
This recipe is not only easy and tasty, its also fairly healthy! Feel free to sub another veggie for the broccolini (or just use regular broccoli if you can’t find it). If you can’t eat soy, my seitan chicken recipe is great in its place!
The concept of this recipe couldn’t be easier! Toss the tofu in some flour, add to the sheet pan with a drizzle of oil. Bake, then add the broccolini and bake again. While its baking, simply cook some rice (or omit it for a low carb meal) and whisk together the sauce. The sauce gets drizzled over the tofu then baked a few extra minutes so its sticky and saucy. SO GOOD!Print
Saucy Sheet Pan Tofu & Broccolini
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
A sheet pan dinner that rivals take out, uses minimal dishes and saves you time!
Tofu & Broccolini
- 1 block (12 oz) firm tofu, pressed and ripped into chunks
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour or gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 packages – about 1 lb total (or about 3 cups broccoli florets)
- oil for drizzling
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, brown sugar or agave
- 2 tbsp nut butter like almond, peanut or sunflower seed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger, or 1 tsp dry ground ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp corn starch + 3 tbsp water (for thickening)
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a large sheet pan (baking sheet) with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, paprika and black pepper and whisk to combine. Add tofu chunks and toss to coat.
- Place on prepared sheet pan and drizzle liberally with oil. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping tofu chunks half way through.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot on the stove, combine the sauce ingredients except for the cornstarch and water. Whisk until combined and bring to a gentle simmer. Combine the cornstarch and water in a small dish, then pour into simmering sauce, whisking immediately until thickened slightly.
- Add the broccolini to the sheet pan and drizzle with oil and sprinkle salt and pepper (if desired). Bake 8 to 10 minutes until broccolini is fork-tender and tofu is golden and crisp.
- Drizzle the sauce over the tofu and bake 2 to 3 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving. Add a sprinkle of sesame seeds, if desired. Serve with rice, noodles, quinoa or on its own. Enjoy!
Made this recipe for dinner tonight and it was so delicious! The recipe is easy and simple to follow. It was a wonderful week night meal and I have plenty of leftovers 😋
This Recipe is so so delicious !!
Delicious! I’ve made this about four or five times now and my family loves it (even the meat eaters!)