The most perfect November cake! A luscious layer of moist vanilla cake, a layer of sliced apples, and a cinnamon crumble, all drizzled with a homemade 4 ingredient caramel sauce. So buttery, crumbly, sweet and delicious – the perfect thing to bake for your loved ones over the holidays!
This recipe was made in collaboration with Becel- I used their Plant-based Bricks which cook taste and bake like dairy butter! You can check them out here.
Why is this cake so perfect for fall?
Apples. Crumble. Butter. Brown Sugar. Caramel. Need I say more?! You need to have a slice with a cup of chai tea. Its the perfect afternoon snack! Or just eat a large slice with a river of caramel sauce, sitting around the table with family, laughing about old memories. That way is good too.
ALSO. If this cake recipe seems daunting:
I have a step by step video tutorial on my instagram stories! Its saved under the highlight “crumble cake”. If making homemade caramel and crumble and vegan cake sounds scary to you, watch those stories and you’ll see how easy it is!Print
Caramel Apple Crumble Cake
- Yield: 8 pieces
A luscious layer of moist cake, sliced apples, and a cinnamon crumble with a homemade 4 ingredient caramel sauce. So buttery, crumbly, sweet and delicious – the perfect thing to bake for your loved ones over the holidays
- 1/2 cup Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks, melted
- 2/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 baking apple, sliced
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks, room temperature
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 6 tbsp Becel® Salted Plant-Based Bricks, room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 10-inch springform cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add Becel® Plant-Based Bricks and sugar and mix until combined. Add vanilla, nondairy milk and unsweetened apple sauce and stir until combined. Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until combined. Spread into prepared cake pan and layer sliced apples on top in a single layer.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, light brown sugar and cinnamon and stir until combined. Add Becel® Plant-Based Bricks and mix with a fork or pastry blender until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples cake in an even layer.
- Bake cake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs, and top is golden.
- In a small pan on the stove, add the cane sugar and heat on medium, stirring frequently, until dissolved. It will turn crumbly, then start to brown, and then become liquid. Remove from the heat and add the Becel® Plant-Based Bricks – it will bubble! Whisk vigourously, being careful not to splash, until combined. Add the coconut cream and pinch of salt and whisk until fully combined and smooth.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving. Serve warm with caramel sauce drizzled overtop.