Vegan buffalo chick’n quesadilla pockets with a ranch-style dipping sauce.
- 1 recipe seitan chick’n (without breading) or 3 cups chopped vegan chicken
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup Franks red hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups vegan cheese shreds
- 1 cup raw cashews + 1/2 cup water (use raw sunflower seeds if allergic)
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion
- Prepare the seitan chick’n through step 3. You don’t need to do the breading and frying for this recipe. Simply drain the seitan and then finely chop or crumble it.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a large frying pan on medium heat, add vegan butter, seitan and onion and fry 5 minutes, until onion softens. Add hot sauce, garlic powder and vinegar and stir to combine. Cook another 5 minuets until sauce thickens and coats the seitan.
- Place 3 tortillas on the sheet pan, like in the photo below. They should be overlapping quite a bit, and make an upside down triangle in the middle. The photo will help you see what I mean!
- Add a layer of about 1/2 cup of vegan cheese shreds in a triangle shape. Add a layer of the chick’n mixture. Then add another 1/2 cup vegan cheese. Fold each tortilla in to make a triangle (again, the photo will help). Repeat with the remaining tortillas and cheese/seitan mixture.
- Place another sheet pan on top and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the top pan and bake for 5 extra minutes, until browned on top.
- Meanwhile, in a high speed blender, blend all ranch ingredients except for the green onion, until smooth. Pour into a serving dish, add the green onion and stir to combine.
- Let quesadilla pockets cool 10 minutes before slicing into 4 triangles each. Serve.