Crispy salt & pepper hasselback mini potatoes served with a delicious vegan cajun dip.
- 1 1/2 lbs small yellow flesh potatoes
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
Cajun Spice Mix:
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp cajun spice mix (what to do with the leftover mix? Save it! Use it for future cajun spiced homemade fries, use it for dips. Trust me, its so nice to have the mix already made!)
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- To slice the potatoes, you do exactly what you think. Make thin slices with a very sharp knife (watch those fingers!) as thin as you can, half way down. Try not to angle the knife as you slice or you will cut out wedges, and we want the potato intact!
- Place potatoes sliced side down into the baking dish. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle some salt and pepper overtop.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, flip the potatoes sliced side up and brush again with melted butter, and sprinkle with salt, pepper and parsley. Bake 30 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender but crispy on top. Broil for 2-3 minutes if you want the tops extra crispy.
- Meanwhile, combine cajun dip ingredients and stir to combine.
- Remove potatoes from oven and let cool slightly before serving. Serve with the dip!