It’s about time I did a pizza recipe, I think! Would you guys believe me if I told you Greg could eat pizza every day and never get sick of it? It’s pretty much all he ever wants. And I like pizza, but its not top of my list of favourite foods. However, we do make homemade pizza about once a week. It’s delicious! Just not my first choice. I do it for Greg, to be honest.
Normally we get a store-bought dough ball to make things easier, but during the lockdown I started making my own pizza crust, and its so easy, its almost not even worth it to get store-bought! It tastes great, takes hardly any time, and lets be real- homemade is almost always better.
This pizza is crazy good: homemade crust, homemade creamy Alfredo, chunks of vegan chick’n (check out this recipe for homemade tofu chick’n and this one for seitan chick’n), spinach and green onion. Like, HELLO. So good!!!
Oh, and definitely serve this with some white wine if you’re making it for something special. Or if its just for you. Treat yo’self.Print
Chick’n & Spinach Alfredo Pizza
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- Yield: 2 servings
Fluffy pizza crust with vegan Alfredo sauce, spinach and chick’n.
Fluffy Pizza Crust:
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped (or 1/4 cup finely chopped onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup vegan cream (I use Earth’s Own Oat Cream) or full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- black pepper to taste
For the Toppings:
- 4 vegan chick’n nuggets, chopped
- handful of spinach
- 2 cups vegan cheese shreds
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- black pepper to taste
- Make the crust: in a mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm water, sugar and yeast and mix to combine. Let sit 5 minutes until foamy. Add flour, salt and oil and mix with a spoon or dough hook until a soft dough ball forms. Cover the bowl with a tea towel or plastic wrap and let dough rise 30 minutes in a warm, draft-free area.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: in a medium frying pan on medium heat, add the vegan butter, shallots and garlic and fry 5 minutes, until onion is translucent. Sprinkle flour evenly overtop, then stir to coat. Slowly add splashes of cream, stirring to thicken the mixture each time. Add the vegan cream cheese and let melt. Add the herbs and a sprinkle of pepper and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a sheet pan/baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll or form into a pizza crust. Place on the baking sheet. Add sauce, cheese, chick’n, spinach and green onion.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until golden on the bottom and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with black pepper just before serving.
- Let cool a few minutes, then slice and serve. Enjoy!