The easiest 4-ingredient shortbread cookies, drizzled with melted chocolate and crushed candy cane.
- 1 cup vegan butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar/icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1–2 cups dairy-free chocolate chips
- crushed candy cane, nuts, dried fruit, sprinkles etc
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until combined. Add vanilla extract and flour and mix until a firm dough forms.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper to a bit under 1/2 inch thick. Use your favourite cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Carefully peel away the excess dough, then transfer the parchment with the cookies on it to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until bottoms start to turn golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on the pan before removing and decorating.
- To melt the chocolate, I added chocolate chips to a small pot on the stove with about 1/2 tsp coconut oil and melted over medium heat. Then just drizzled over the cooled cookies and sprinkled on the candy cane.
You will get a different number of cookies depending on the shape and size of your cookie cutter.