A perfectly sweet & tart Cranberry Loaf with 3-ingredient Lemon Zest Glaze!
- 1 cup nondairy milk like oat or soy
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest (grated peel of fresh lemon)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
Lemon Zest Glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, combine nondairy milk and vinegar. Stir to combine then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the cane sugar, oil, lemon zest and milk mixture. Stir to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir to form a dough. Add in the cranberries and stir gently until just combined.
- Grease a loaf tin, I use a 5×9 standard size loaf pan (or if you want to use parchment paper, it is easier to remove the loaf afterwards). Add in the dough and spread so top is even. Optional: add a sprinkle of sugar on top before baking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 42-44 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean or with a crumb or two attached.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the Lemon Zest Glaze ingredients until combined.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan and slicing. Drizzle with glaze. Enjoy!