Shortbread cookies, speckled with chocolate, cut into snowflakes. With more chocolate and marshmallows, sprinkled with crushed pretzels.
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate shavings (or chopped chocolate chips)
- 1 bar dairy-free chocolate, approx 16 squares
- 8 large vegan marshmallows or 16 regular/mini size (I used large size Dandies, cut in half to make 16 pieces)
- crushed pretzels or graham crackers
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional, for drizzling)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until combined. Add vanilla extract and flour and mix until a firm dough forms. Stir in chocolate shavings until combined.
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper to a bit under 1/2 inch thick. Use your snowflake cookie cutter or shape of your choice to cut out approximately 16 cookies. Carefully peel away the excess dough, then transfer the parchment with the cookies on it to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until bottoms start to turn golden.
- Remove from oven and press gently 1 square of chocolate into the center of each cookie. Gently press a marshmallow on top.
- To melt the chocolate for the chocolate drizzle, I added the chocolate chips to a small pot on the stove with about 1/2 tsp coconut oil and melted over medium heat. Then just drizzled over the cooled cookies and sprinkled on the pretzels. There isn’t any sort of strict method you need to follow with these. Get creative and have fun!