Pan-fried herb & cornflake-crusted golden gnocchi with a creamy basil sauce for dipping.
- 600 g gnocchi (appor 4 cups)
- 2 cups crushed cornflakes or similar cereal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- oil for frying
Basil Cream Sauce:
*see note below if you do not have a high-speed blender that can blend nuts smooth.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup packed basil leaves
- pinch of salt
- Make the basil cream sauce: in a high-speed blender, combine all sauce ingredients and blend until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together cornflakes, flour, nutritional yeast, paprika, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Boil gnocchi in a pot of water for 2 minutes, or if already boiled, dip in water or nondairy milk, then toss into the bowl of cornflake mixture. Toss to coat gnocchi, then remove from bowl with a slotted spoon and transfer to frying pan.
- Fry until crispy and golden on all sides.
- Remove from pan and place in a serving bowl. Let cool slightly, then enjoy.
*If you do not have a high-speed blender that can blend nuts until smooth, you can substitute 3/4 cup raw cashew butter for the raw cashews and water. Simply proceed with the recipe as directed, blending the cashew butter with the other sauce ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes