Nutty almond basil noodles in a savoury broth, topped with homemade spicy ginger garlic oil.
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp creamy almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- pinch of ground black pepper
Spicy Ginger Garlic Oil:
- 1/3 cup neutral tasting oil like avocado
- 2 tbsp sesame oil (optional, for extra flavour)
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 200 g rice noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 heads baby boy choy, sliced (the small ones)
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely sliced fresh basil
- In a small bowl, whisk together spicy ginger garlic oil ingredients. Set side.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients.
- In a small pot over low heat, add the veggie broth plus 2 tbsp of sauce mixture. Simmer gently over low heat to keep warm.
- Boil noodles according to package directions, drain and rinse, set aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp spicy ginger garlic oil and veggies and cook a few minutes, until veggies have softened slightly and onion is translucent. Add the cooked noodles, sauce and basil and toss to combine. Let cook, stirring constantly for a few minuets, until sauce is absorbed and noodles are hot.
- To serve, ladle broth into serving bowls. Divide between bowls. Drizzle with spicy ginger garlic oil. Enjoy!