Vegan chickpea omelette with veggies and a homemade basil drizzle. Best served with toast and coffee!
- 1/2 cup chickpea/garbanzo bean flour
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion, bell pepper, spinach etc! Use what you have!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup vegan cheese shreds (to taste, some people like more cheese!)
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup neutral oil like avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
Toast, for serving (optional)
- To a mixing bowl, add chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, salt, basil, garlic powder, pepper and water. Mix until combined.
- Add a nonstick frying pan to medium heat. Add oil. Once hot, pour mixture into the pan either in one big circle or two smaller circle shapes (if you want separate omelettes). Add veggies, then cover with a lid or sheet pan and cook a few minutes until top is set and bottom is golden brown.
- Flip and cook a few minutes on the other side. Add cheese shreds and cover again to help it melt.
- Meanwhile, in a small blender or food processor, blend all basil sauce ingredients until combined.
- Remove omelettes from pan and serve with toast, and a drizzle of basil sauce. Enjoy!