Easy, weeknight vegan butter chicken. Best served with rice and naan!
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cups chopped vegan chick’n or tofu (or store-bought protein of choice)
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 400 ml can full fat coconut milk
Rice and naan for serving!
- If cooking rice to go with this, cook according to package directions.
- To a large frying pan on medium heat, add the vegan butter, garlic and onion and cook 3 minutes, until onion becomes translucent.
- Add the vegan chick’n and all the spices and stir to combine.
- Add the tomato paste and water. Stir to combine. Add the coconut milk and stir again until combined. Bring to a gentle simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened slightly.
- Serve hot, over rice. Naan bread too! You can often find accidentally vegan naan at the grocery store. Some brands have dairy in them to check for that!