Takeout at home! Vegan beef simmered in sweet & spicy pepper sauce. Best served over steamed rice.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 150g green beans
- 2 vegan steaks, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp flour
Sweet & Spicy Pepper Sauce:
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- To a frying pan on medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil, garlic, green onion and green beans. Cook 2 minutes until garlic is fragrant and beans are vibrant.
- Meanwhile, add sliced vegan steak to a mixing bowl with the flour and toss to coat. Add 1 tbsp oil, then add beef to pan. Fry, toss occasionally, until golden on all sides, about 8 minutes total.
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, water, sugar, ginger, pepper, chili flakes and sesame oil. Pour into frying pan and stir gently to coat. Simmer about 5 minutes on low, until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve over white rice, noodles or quinoa. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins (if steaks are pre-cooked)
- Cook Time: 25 minutes