A delicious and refreshing citrus cranberry bourbon cocktail.
- 1 cup cranberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- Zest of 1 orange (you can just peel it and use that if you’re lazy or don’t have a zester)
- 1 cup ice
- 2 shots bourbon
- 1 shot (3 tbsp) orange juice
- 1 shot (3 tbsp) lemon juice
- 2 shots (approx. 6 tbsp) Cranberry-Orange Syrup
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon or orange zest (optional, but pretty)
- In a small pot on medium heat, combine syrup ingredients. Bring to a gentle simmer for 10 minutes until thickened slightly. Strain the syrup through a mesh strainer into a jar. You can keep this in the fridge up to a week to use for more cocktails!
- In a cocktail shaker or mason jar, add the cocktail ingredients and shake for 1 minute, until cold.
- Dip glass rims in syrup, then roll in the sugar rim mix to coat. Strain cocktail into glasses. Enjoy!