Today, I am sharing the recipe for this delicious Curry Coconut Carrot Soup. And, I am so excited to be partnering with Ryvita on this post because their crispbread is perfect for dipping in this thick & creamy winter soup! Let me know if you make this Curry Coconut Carrot Soup and which flavour of crispbread you choose to go with it – my favourite is the Rye & Oat Bran.
What is Ryvita? And why is fibre so important? Ryvita is a rye-based, non-GMO crispbread brand that believes in great-tasting, simple, natural foods for everyone. Fibre is a nutrient that exists in two forms – soluble and insoluble – that you can get only from plant sources. You won’t find it in meat, fish or dairy! The two types of fibre are:
- Insoluble fibre, which is not digested, and passes through the body. Plant sources such as nuts and seeds are good sources of insoluble fibre.
- Soluble fibre, digested. Soluble fibre can be found in whole grains like rye, oats and barley, along with fruits and vegetables.
Both types of fibre are an important part of a healthy diet and play many roles in the body, like:
- Bowel regularity
- Lowering blood cholesterol levels
- Helping you feel full longer
- Improving/maintaining gut health.
I love that it’s easy to add extra fibre into your diet with this crispbread! Grab a box next time you are at the store and let me know what you think!
Get your Ryvita now at: http://bit.ly/FibreFitItsLivBPrint
Curry Coconut Carrot Soup
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
The perfect thick and creamy coconut curry carrot soup. One of my favourite winter recipes and it makes great leftovers!
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrot
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp mild yellow curry powder
- 400 mL can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth (to add as needed for thinning)
- Ryvita Rye & Oat Bran Crispbread, for serving
- In a pot on medium heat, add the oil, onion and garlic and cook 4 minutes, until onions become translucent. Add the carrots and cook 3 more minutes, until softened slightly.
- Add the spices and stir to combine. Add the coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook 20 minutes, or until carrots are soft.
- Transfer soup to a blender or use an immersion blender and blend until smooth. If using a regular blender, remove the plug in the lid and cover lightly with a tea towel to allow steam to escape. If soup is too thick for your liking, add ½ cup, or up to 1 cup, of vegetable broth to thin.
- Return to pot on the stove and heat gently, stirring frequently, until hot. Serve hot with Ryvita Rye & Oat Bran crispbread for dipping!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
This was so good – I had to simmer the veggies a bit longer but it came out super creamy and super fresh and complex in flavour. Reminded me of butternut squash! Definitely an easy staple considering how few ingredients!
This soup is delicious!! I will double the batch next time. I found it wayyy too salty so I will also use less salt next time. Definitely a new favorite recipe!