These Vegan Steak Fajitas with Homemade Fajita Seasoning is the perfect winter weeknight dinner. Made with my vegan steak, bell peppers, onions, homemade fajita spice and the best toppings (pico & avocado). Serve with your favourite tortillas and this meal whips up in no time at all! Its a quick dinner that is full of flavour, and will make you feel great too! And, if you’re making it on a weekend, why not try serving some homemade margaritas with it ;).
We’re celebrating the beginning of February with one of my favourite weeknight meals. It’s so quick to make and just perfect for meatless Monday! It’s super quick if you already have my vegan steak made (and I suggest always making a double batch to freeze so you have it on hand for Philly cheesesteak, Sweet & Spicy Peppered Beef, and these fajitas!
However, if you don’t have the steak pre-made and are short on time, you can substitute thinly sliced strips of tofu, vegan chicken or store-bought beef alternatives! If you’re in Canada, President’s Choice makes vegan beef strips that look just like this steak!
We’re also making our own fajita spice! This mix makes a few tbsp, so feel free to double it if you want to keep some on hand for even faster fajita dinners! We always have a jar of this and my favourite cajun spice mix on hand at all times for that reason!Print
Vegan Steak Fajitas with Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: serves 2 (6 fajitas)
Vegan steak fajitas with homemade fajita spice. The best February weeknight dinner!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 vegan steak , thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- topping ideas: pico de Gallo, salsa, avocado, guacamole, vegan cheese
Homemade Fajita Spice Mix:
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake together the fajita spice mix ingredients.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, add oil, vegan steak, bell pepper and onion and cook 5 minutes, until onion starts to become translucent and peppers have softened slightly.
- Add 3 tsp fajita spice mix to the pan and stir to coat. Cook 1 more minute.
- Meanwhile, prepare your toppings. We went with pico and sliced avocado and it was so easy!
- Assemble your fajitas by dividing the steak mix between the 6 tortillas and adding your toppings. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes