Vegan steak fajitas with homemade fajita spice. The best February weeknight dinner!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 vegan steak , thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- topping ideas: pico de Gallo, salsa, avocado, guacamole, vegan cheese
Homemade Fajita Spice Mix:
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake together the fajita spice mix ingredients.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, add oil, vegan steak, bell pepper and onion and cook 5 minutes, until onion starts to become translucent and peppers have softened slightly.
- Add 3 tsp fajita spice mix to the pan and stir to coat. Cook 1 more minute.
- Meanwhile, prepare your toppings. We went with pico and sliced avocado and it was so easy!
- Assemble your fajitas by dividing the steak mix between the 6 tortillas and adding your toppings. Enjoy!