Hello happy Monday everyone! Today I am sharing this recipe for Red Wine & Mushroom Pasta! This Red Wine & Mushroom Pasta recipe is incredible – such a unique flavour! Theres browned mushrooms and vegan beef, fresh basil, red wine, and lots of yummy vegan cheese melted into the sauce giving it the most creamy texture. You’ll want to try this asap!
The red wine really helps intensify the delicious tangy flavour of this pasta sauce. Its so rich in flavour, but crazy easy to make! You’ll want to boil your pasta first, and save some of the water for the sauce! Then, fry the vegan beef, mushrooms and garlic until fragrant and browned. Add the marinara sauce, red wine, some pasta water and bay leaves and simmer with a lid on until the alcohol has cooked off and the sauce thickens. Then you stir in the cheese, add some fresh basil and the cooked pasta and enjoy!
This Red Wine & Mushroom Pasta is a great weeknight dinner idea, and you can even make it in a slow cooker! So instead of simmering the sauce for 10-15 minutes, let it cook in the slow cooker all day until you’re ready to eat. It will save you time when you get home and help you get dinner on the table so fast :).
Red Wine & Mushroom Pasta
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4-6 servings
Red wine and mushroom pasta, quick to make and incredibly rich in tomato and mushroom flavour!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 beyond meat burger (or about 1/2 cup vegan ground beef)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds
- handful of fresh basil, shredded
- 4 cups pasta of choice (short noodles are best)
- In a large pot on high heat, boil the pasta according to package directions. Just before draining, set aside 1/2 cup of pasta water for later. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium/large pot, add oil, vegan beef, mushrooms and garlic and cook about 5 minutes until beef and mushrooms are browned.
- Add the marinara sauce, red wine, pasta water, bay leaves and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn’t stick.
- Remove the lid and let simmer 5 minutes until thickened slightly. Add the vegan cheese and stir until melted. Add the cooked pasta and fresh basil and stir to combine. Serve.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
This is one of our favorite pasta dishes to make ever. My non vegan boyfriend requests this all the time!
I was wondering what the calorie count is per serving if you happened to know?