Red wine and mushroom pasta, quick to make and incredibly rich in tomato and mushroom flavour!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 beyond meat burger (or about 1/2 cup vegan ground beef)
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds
- handful of fresh basil, shredded
- 4 cups pasta of choice (short noodles are best)
- In a large pot on high heat, boil the pasta according to package directions. Just before draining, set aside 1/2 cup of pasta water for later. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium/large pot, add oil, vegan beef, mushrooms and garlic and cook about 5 minutes until beef and mushrooms are browned.
- Add the marinara sauce, red wine, pasta water, bay leaves and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn’t stick.
- Remove the lid and let simmer 5 minutes until thickened slightly. Add the vegan cheese and stir until melted. Add the cooked pasta and fresh basil and stir to combine. Serve.