Homemade brown sugar syrup with cinnamon and vanilla, espresso shaken with ice and its all topped with creamy oat milk.
Brown Sugar Syrup:
- 4 tbsp lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 double shots of espresso
- a mason jar or cocktail shaker with a few ice cubes
- 2 glasses filled half way with ice
- oat milk (as much as you need to top up the cup)
- In a small frying pan or pot on the stove, add the syrup ingredients and heat on medium-high, whisking to combine. Once it starts simmering, lower the heat to medium-low and simmer about 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until sugar has completely dissolved and syrup has thickened just slightly. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Brew two shots of espresso or about 1/2 cup of very strong coffee. Add to the mason jar with 3 tbsp of syrup and a few ice cubes and shake vigorously for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add some more ice to each glass. Divide the espresso mixture between the glasses. Add oat milk to top it up. Stir and enjoy!