The easiest weeknight recipe! Creamy spicy sausage cajun pasta made in only ONE pan. No work or extra dishes required.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 vegan sausages, crumbled (about 1 cup crumbled)
- 1 lb short pasta of choice (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups nondairy milk
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese
- 2 tbsp cajun seasoning (see below)
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- sliced green onion, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. In a small bowl, whisk together all cajun seasoning ingredients.
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, add the oil, onion and garlic and stir to coat. Add the vegan sausage, pasta, water, nondairy milk, cream cheese, and cajun seasoning and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle vegan cheese evenly overtop, then cover tightly with aluminium foil. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, remove the foil and stir well. Put the foil back on and bake another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and remove foil. Let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!