Hey everyone! Today’s recipe, Tempeh Chorizo Sheet Pan Breakfast Wraps, is taken (literally) straight from the pages of my new cookbook Liv B’s Easy Everyday! If you have pre-ordered your copy already, make sure you have entered your information here to get the FREE exclusive cooking video on March 30th and to enter the Vitamix giveaway!
Since the official launch date April 12 is only a short few weeks away, I wanted to share a recipe from the book to hold you over until you get your copy. I am SO excited about these Tempeh Chorizo Sheet Pan Breakfast Wraps!
These wraps are hearty and super filling. The tempeh is seasoned with chili powder,
cumin and garlic to give it a spicy, smoky flavor similar to chorizo sausage. And for my
on-the-go breakfast crew, the wraps are super easy to make ahead of time! Its done on a sheet pan to make your life easier, and I promise, they’re delicious!
Tempeh Chorizo Sheet Pan Breakfast Wraps
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
These wraps are hearty and super filling. The tempeh is seasoned with chili powder, cumin and garlic to give it a spicy, smoky flavour similar to chorizo sausage. And for my on-the-go breakfast crew, the wraps are super easy to make ahead of time (see notes).
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) peeled and
cubed sweet potato (about 1 small)
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 12 oz (375 g) tempeh, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
- 2 cups (500 mL) coarsely chopped kale, ribs removed
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato salsa
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the sweet potato, onion, 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil and salt in a large bowl; toss to coat. Spread onto the prepared baking sheet in an even layer (reserve the bowl) and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the onion is starting to brown.
3. Meanwhile, add the tempeh, bell pepper, remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil, nutritional yeast, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder to the reserved bowl; toss to coat. Add to the baking sheet and stir gently to combine. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the sweet potato is fork tender and the tempeh is golden. Remove from the oven, add the kale and bake for 2 more minutes, until the kale is slightly wilted.
4. Remove from the oven. Divide the mixture among the tortillas and top evenly with salsa. Roll each tortilla up from the bottom, like a burrito. Serve.
These wraps are great to make ahead, but the directions differ slightly from the recipe. After reheating, serve with salsa on the side for dipping. TO FREEZE Let the filling cool completely. Assemble through Step 4, but do not add salsa. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
TO REHEAT FROM FROZEN IN THE MICROWAVE: Remove plastic, then wrap tortilla in a damp paper towel. Place on a plate and microwave on High for 2 to 3 minutes, until heated through.
TO REHEAT FROM FROZEN IN THE OVEN: Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Remove plastic and place tortilla on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until heated through.