Gooey Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Pretzel Bars…like banana bread and gooey blondie bars had a baby! Banana and almond base with dark chocolate and salted pretzel bits on top! Bonus: these bars are flourless (and gluten-free if you omit the pretzels or use GF pretzels!). These bars are incredibly easy to make, were talking minimal effort for maximum deliciousness!
These bars got the Liv B Dad stamp of approval. And let me tell you, my dad is picky when it comes to sweets. He grew up in a dessert-fanatic household where his mother would make a new dessert every night, and always has a freezer full of squares, bars, etc. So he knows his sweets. That means these bars are certified delicious!
These bars were inspired by some verrrrry ripe bananas I had, as well as my recent recipe for Flourless Almond Butter Cookies! I decided to do a mash-up (haha, pun) of the two and these banana bread-flavoured gooey bars were born. I’m addicted!Print
Gooey Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Pretzel Bars
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 9 bars
These yummy bars have a banana and almond gooey chewy base, topped with dark chocolate and salted pretzel bits.
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 “egg” of egg replacer (I do 1 tbsp powdered egg replacer + 3 tbsp water)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks for top
- 6 salted pretzels, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line an 8×8 inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Prepare the “egg” by mixing the powdered egg replacer and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Add the almond butter, brown sugar and vanilla and mix well to combine. Add the egg replacer mixture, salt and baking powder and stir well to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread into the prepared baking dish. Top with extra chocolate and pretzels.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until starting to brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yum! These are super tasty, but we baked them for 23 mins and they still ended up sinking in when we let them sit. Love the flavor though and that they are super guilt-free!