These yummy bars have a banana and almond gooey chewy base, topped with dark chocolate and salted pretzel bits.
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 “egg” of egg replacer (I do 1 tbsp powdered egg replacer + 3 tbsp water)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks for top
- 6 salted pretzels, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line an 8×8 inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Prepare the “egg” by mixing the powdered egg replacer and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Add the almond butter, brown sugar and vanilla and mix well to combine. Add the egg replacer mixture, salt and baking powder and stir well to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread into the prepared baking dish. Top with extra chocolate and pretzels.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until starting to brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving.