Creamy vegan Mac & cheese made in ONE POT. Recipe from Liv B’s Easy Everyday.
- 4 cups (1 L) dry macaroni
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 6 cups (1.5 L) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened nondairy milk
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tahini
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded vegan Cheddar cheese (I use Daiya Farmhouse Block)
- Black pepper
1. Add the macaroni, Dijon mustard, salt, garlic powder and water to a large pot
over medium-high heat, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil, then cook for about
8 minutes, until almost all the water is dissolved and the pasta is al dente. Do
2. Add the nondairy milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and tahini; stir until combined.
Add the vegan Cheddar cheese; stir constantly for about 2 minutes, until melted.
3. Let cool slightly before dividing among the bowls. Top each with pepper; serve.