Sweet Heat Sticky Fries with Dill Cashew Dip… air fried or baked to crisp perfection, then tossed in a sticky spicy and sweet maple bbq glaze. Hand cut fries are always superior and these are even on the healthier side since we are air frying/baking them rather than deep frying! I included the recipe for this dill cashew dip because it was too delicious not to! I actually had this dip in the fridge left over from our Easter brunch and I decided the world needed to know the deliciousness as well, so there you go!
These fries are best made and eaten right away, but I promise you won’t have any leftovers anyway! And like I mentioned, if you have an air fryer, this recipe is even easier. However, if you don’t have an air fryer you can definitely bake these on a sheet pan in the oven. They will take slightly longer, but they will of course be just as delicious.
The idea here is that you cut the potatoes, season them, then bake. While they bake, whisk together the glaze (and make the cashew dip if you want that!). Then, when the potatoes are perfectly golden and crisp, remove them from the oven and immediately toss with the glaze. Then, serve right away! That way they still retain a crispness while being sticky, spicy and sweet. It truly is such an addicting combination that everyone will love, vegan or not!
And, if you’re into this type of recipe, check out my Hot “Honey” Dijon BBQ Tofu Bites!Print
Sweet Heat Sticky Fries with Dill Cashew Dip
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings (as an app or side)
Hand cut French fries, air fried or baked to crisp golden perfection, tossed in a sticky spicy and sweet glaze.
- 4 large russet potatoes, cut into fry shapes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt & pepper
Sticky Spicy & Sweet Glaze:
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
Cashew Dill Dip:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt (or more, to taste)
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 F or oven to 425 F. In a large mixing bowl, toss the fries with the oil, paprika, salt and pepper until coated.
- Air fry for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp. Or, if baking int heaven, bake 20 minutes, flipping half way through until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together all glaze ingredients.
- If making the cashew dip, add all ingredients except the dill into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Once smooth, stir in the dill. The dip thickens in the fridge so if you have leftovers, it will be thicker next time you use it.
- Once fries are cooked, remove from oven and add to a large bowl immediately. Drizzle the glaze overtop and toss quickly to coat. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes