Giant bakery-style chocolate chip muffins made in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar (plus extra for sprinkling on top, if desired)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups oat milk
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter, coconut oil or canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy-free semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Prepare muffin tin with 7 parchment paper muffin liners, as described above.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt until combined.
- Add the oat milk, melted vegan butter and vanilla extract and stir until just combined. Try not to over mix, only stir until there is no more dry ingredients hiding anywhere. Add the chocolate chips and gently mix them in until just combined.
- Divide all of the batter evenly between the 7 muffin cups (it is a few heaping tablespoons per muffin). They will seem extremely full! That is the point :). If desired, sprinkle tops with a pinch of sugar, this helps the top be slightly crispy/crackly when baked.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, without opening the oven, reduce the temperature to 375 F and bake another 23 minutes, until golden brown on to0p and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the muffin tin a few minutes, before removing and transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.