The easiest ever Extra Creamy Hummus Pasta with Truffle Parmesan Kale – the perfect spring recipe! I don’t know about you, but where I live, spring weather is a mix of beautiful warm and sunny days with super cold and snowy/rainy ones. It is quite the rollercoaster figuring out how to dress, and, more importantly, what to cook. I’m craving fresher flavours but sometimes its still too cold for super summery recipes. They just end up feeling out of place!
But that is where this incredible Creamy Hummus Pasta comes in! This pasta is made with hummus, some nutritional yeast, pasta water (literally just water left over from boiling the pasta) and some herbs. Finished off with an amazing truffle and parmesan kale to top it all off. Each bite is a mix of creamy, flavourful pasta and slightly crisp, fresh kale. It is the perfect easy recipe for any weeknight dinner.
On Monday, I am especially looking for easy recipes to look forward to as I tackle all the things I have to do during the week. I don’t know about you, but knowing I have some really delicious dinners planned actually helps get through the week! And as a bonus, this recipe is not only delicious, but so easy! Basically, you boil the pasta and while it cooks, stir together the sauce ingredients in a big serving bowl. Then, add the hot pasta along with a bit of the pasta water to thin it out, and stir it all up. The hot pasta heats the sauce right away, which means it is ready to eat in the same amount of time it takes to boil a pot of pasta (so, about 10 minutes).
And if you want to get really fancy (I’m talking, your friends and family will think you have turned into a real chef) make the fancy-sounding but actually crazy easy truffle parmesan kale. All you need is some truffle oil and vegan parmesan cheese; I use the earth island parmesan shreds but the Go Veggie powdered cheese works too. Truffle oil is surprisingly easy to come by, I got mine in the oil section of our grocery store! Then, you simply massage the kale with the oil to soften it slightly, and toss it with the parm. Told you it was easy!Print
Extra Creamy Hummus Pasta with Truffle Parmesan Kale
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 servings
The quickest and easiest pasta you’ll ever make! Extra creamy hummus pasta with truffle parmesan kale.
Extra Creamy Hummus Pasta:
- 3 cups penne pasta
- 1 cup hummus
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast (for a slight cheesy flavour)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/3 cup pasta water, reserved when draining cooked pasta
- a pinch of salt and pepper
Truffle Parmesan Kale:
- 1 cup washed and finely chopped kale
- 1–2 tbsp truffle oil
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- sprinkle of chilli flakes
- pinch of salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then cook pasta according to package directions. Before draining, remove 1/3 cup of the pasta water, then drain pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large mixing bowl, stir together the hummus, nutritional yeast, oregano, basil, paprika, salt and pepper. Add the reserved pasta water and stir to combine. Add the cooked pasta and stir quickly to combine.
- Truffle Parmesan Kale: In a mixing bowl, add kale and drizzle with truffle oil. Using your hands, massage oil into kale until combined. Sprinkle with parmesan, salt, pepper and chilli flakes and stir quickly to combine.
- Serve into bowls and top with some of the kale. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
Literally my favourite recipe!! So easy to pull together and it actually tastes like I spent a lot of time on it. Perfect weeknight dinner. 10/10 recommend!