Deep dish single-serve cookies with chocolate and marshmallows, baked to golden perfection.
- 4 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp nondairy milk, like oat or soy
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup vegan mini marshmallows
- 6 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Spray the top half of the inside of 2 ramekins or whatever baking dishes you are using. The cookie base won’t stick, but the marshmallows tend to stick to the upper top half.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the milk and vanilla and stir to combine. Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix to form a cookie dough.
- Divide evenly between the two ramekins and press down to make sure the top is even and flat.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add 1/4 cup marshmallows to each, and 3 tbsp of chocolate chips to each.
- Return to oven and bake 15 minutes, until marshmallows are browned on top (I broiled for the last minute to get them nice and dark brown- tastes like campfire s’mores!)
- Remove from oven and let cool a minute or two, then dig in!