Vegan frittata made with chickpea flour, spices, asparagus, dairy-free feta and a whole lot of love!
- 1 1/4 cups chickpea/garbanzo bean flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional, for savoury flavour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 tbsp oil, divided
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped asparagus
- 1/4 cup vegan feta or other vegan cheese
- chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, salt, pepper and parsley until combined.
- Add the water and whisk until smooth and no lumps remain. Set aside.
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet on medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil and onion. Fry for 3 minutes until onion starts to turn translucent. Add asparagus and cook 2 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Take skillet off heat and add veggies into chickpea mixture, stirring to combine. Add remaining 2 tbsp oil into the skillet, spreading it around to grease the bottom and sides of the skillet.
- Pour chickpea and veggie mixture into the skillet and top with half of the cheese. Bake for 15-17 minutes until slightly golden on top with a few cracks.
- Remove from the oven and add remaining cheese and a sprinkle of chilli flakes on top. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.