A vegan party size ham & swiss sandwich on fluffy dinner rolls with caramelized onions and a sweet dijon dip.
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 pan-style dinner rolls (meaning all attached, not separate rolls)
- 9 slices Yves veggie ham or other vegan ham
- 6 vegan swiss cheese slices
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- dried parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, add vegan butter, onions, pinch of sugar and salt. Fry for about 15-20 minutes on a low heat, until onions are caramelized. If the onions start to get dry, add 1 tbsp of water at a time to deglaze the pan and add some more moisture. They should be brown and nice and soft by the end of it.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together mayo, dijon and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Side the dinner rolls in half to separate the top from the bottom so they make an open-face sandwich.
- Spread 1-2 tbsp of the vegan mayo mixture on both cut sides of the rolls. Layer the vegan cheese and vegan ham inside the sandwich. When onions are done, add them in an even layer. Put the top half of the sandwich onto the bottom, then place on a sheet pan. Use a basting brush or a spoon to lightly brush the top of the sandwich with some of the mayo mixture, then evenly sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and top of sandwich is golden brown. Remove from the oven and slice into desired amount of pieces. Enjoy with the remaining mayo for dipping!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes