3 Ingredient Vegan Frozen Yogurt?! Yup, you heard right! I recently treated myself to a fun new kitchen gadget- the ice cream maker attachment for my KitchenAid mixer! I love my copper KitchenAid so much and use it all the time for baking cookies and making dough. I recently learned about the ice cream maker attachment and was sold immediately. I always wanted an ice cream maker but didn’t want another whole appliance to store in my kitchen… but this is literally just an additional bowl that fits on the mixer, so its a lot easier to store (I store mine in the deep freeze actually!).
The ice cream maker attachment makes up to 2 quarts of our your favourite frozen treat in 20-30 minutes. The only thing to note is that you’ll want to allow your ice cream bowl to freeze at least 24 hours prior to use, which is why I keep mine in my deep freeze for whenever a craving for homemade ice cream strikes!
I haven’t mastered an ice cream recipe yet that I am ready to share, but I have mastered an incredibly easy 3-ingredient frozen yogurt! This recipe could not be any simpler and I love how customizable it is. You could add:
- cocoa powder
- fresh berries
- peppermint extract
- chocolate chips
or just leave it as is, because it is delicious as a plain frozen yogurt too! If you are adding in any chunky mix-ins like berries or chocolate chips, just make sure to add them right at the end for the best results.
Can I use a regular ice cream machine?
Yes, if you have another brand or type of ice cream machine, by all means use that!
Vegan Frozen Yogurt in the KitchenAid Ice Cream Attachment
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings
3-Ingredient vegan frozen yogurt made with plain coconut yogurt, vanilla extract and sugar. A delicious way to enjoy dairy-free desserts!
- 2 1/2 cups plain unsweetened coconut yogurt (I used the brand Riviera as it is thick and creamy)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- fresh blueberries
- maple syrup
- Prepare your ice cream maker attachment by freezing it overnight.
- When ready to make the frozen yogurt, in a mixing bowl combine the yogurt, sugar and vanilla extract and whisk until it is completely combined.
- Fix the paddle attachment and frozen ice cream bowl onto the KitchenAid as according to the directions.
- Add the yogurt mix and mix on STIR setting for 15-20 minutes, until thick and creamy.
- Serve immediately with your favourite toppings- I love shredded coconut, fresh blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup! I prefer to enjoy right away as I find that gives the best texture.
If you have extra, store in a container in the freezer. *You will need to remove from the freezer to thaw for a few minutes before attempting to scoop as it will freeze quite solid.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes