Vegan chick’n marinaded in brown sugar, chilli powder and fresh lime, wish roasted salt & pepper potatoes and charred Brussels sprouts.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- juice of 1/2 fresh lime
- 350g vegan chick’n, tofu, or seitan, in two cutlet-size pieces
- 400g potatoes (about 3 medium potatoes, cut into wedges)
- 150g brussels sprouts (about 6–8 Brussels sprouts), halved
- 1–2 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- dried parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together all marinade ingredients. Place vegan chick’n in a bag or container and cover with the marinade, shaking or flipping occasionally to coat all sides.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl add potatoes, oil, salt, pepper and parsley and toss to coat. Spread on the baking sheet in a single layer. Set bowl aside.
- Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add Brussels sprout halves to the mixing bowl and add another drizzle of oil and pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Remove potatoes from oven. Add vegan chick’n and Brussels sprouts to pan. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes, flipping chick’n half way through and stirring potatoes and Brussels so they are crisp on all sides. If desired, baste chick’n with remaining marinade when you flip it to add moisture.
- Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!