A vegan white cheddar macaroni pasta salad with red onion, chives, parsley and fresh black pepper.
- 2 cups dry macaroni pasta
- 1 cup raw cashews (boiled in hot water for 10 minutes if you don’t have a Vitamix or high powered blender)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- generous pinch of salt (more to taste, if desired)
- 3 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Boil the macaroni in a large pot of salted water according to package directions (about 8 minutes) until cooked. Drain and rinse in a strainer under cold water until fully cool. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a high powered blender, add the cashews, water, dijon, nutritional yeast, vinegar and salt. Blend on high for about 1 minute, until completely smooth.
- Add macaroni, onion, chives and parsley to a mixing bowl. Pour on the sauce and stir to coat.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes – 1 hour before serving (or up to overnight) so the sauce thickens slightly. Add fresh cracked black pepper just before serving. Serve and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes