A rich, decadent brownie cake with silky smooth coconut-based chocolate ganache.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 cup nondairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 10-inch springform cake pan with parchment, or grease and flour it well so the cake doesn’t stick.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter sugar, non-dairy milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until combined, a few small lumps throughout are okay.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake in preheated oven for 42 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean or with a few crumbs clinging to it. Set on a wire rack to cool in the pan before attempting to remove.
- Meanwhile, in a pot on the stove over low-medium heat, add the coconut milk and heat until hot but not boiling. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate chips, stirring until fully melted and combined. Let sit off the heat until ready to use.
- Once cake is cool and you are ready to serve, remove from the cake pan and place on a serving plate. Pour the ganache over the cake, then slice and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 42 minutes