Taking the classic chocolate chip cookie up a notch with Special K cereal, which adds a delicious crispy texture in every bite!
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tbsp nondairy milk like oat or soy
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups Special K, cornflakes or similar flaked cereal (I did a mix of cornflakes and special K)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together margarine and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the milk and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and stir to combine. Add the cereal and chocolate chips and mix carefully to combine, trying not to break up the cereal too much (some pieces will crack, which is totally okay).
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop 1 or 2 tbsp of dough into balls. I like to make large cookies, so I use 2 tbsp of cookie dough for each one. Space them out on the cookie sheet with a few inches in between to spread. If using 1 tbsp of dough, bake 9 minutes, until golden. If using 2 tbsp of dough for each cookie, bake 11 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and bang the pan on the counter 1-2 times to help flatten the cookies slightly.
- Let sit a few minutes on the pan before transferring to a wire cooling rack. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 5 day.
If using 1 tbsp of dough for each cookie, you will get 18 cookies.
If using 2 tbsp of dough for each cookie, you will get 9 cookies.