Vegan cheesecake cookie bars, on a graham cracker crust, topped with cinnamon sugar.
- 18 graham crackers
- 2/3 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Cheesecake Cookie Layer:
- 1/2 cup softened vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup flour
- topping: 1 tbsp sugar + 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a square 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, blitz graham crackers until finely crumbled. Pour into a large mixing bowl and add the cinnamon and melted butter. Stir to combine into a paste-like consistency. Spread evenly into the bottom of the pan, pressing down firmly with your fingers so it is compacted.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, then remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, cream together vegan butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour and stir until just combined.
- Drop dollops of the cheesecake cookie dough onto the graham crust, then, using wet or oiled fingers, press down and smooth into an even layer. Be careful not to press and spread too hard or you will disturb the base. Dipping your fingers in a bowl of water frequently helps the dough not stick to your hands so you can press it down gentler.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly overtop of the cookie bars.
- Bake in the oven for 24-26 minutes, until slightly browned on top, and dough on top looks set and not wet or soft. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before slicing and serving.
- To cut, use a sharp knife to cut straight down the middle, then slice 6 times, creating 12 long bars.