Today I am bringing you this amazing recipe for a spicy and cheesy red pepper vodka pasta. Combining my love of 3 types of pasta dishes: Mac & cheese, Spicy red pepper pasta and vodka pasta! This recipe is such a winner and I know you, and whoever is lucky enough to enjoy it with you, will love it!
You just need a few basic ingredients and about 30 minutes. Its the perfect weeknight dinner, or easy weekend date-night-at-home recipe.
How to make this recipe:
Its pretty straight forward. Boil and drain the pasta. Saute the onions, garlic and bell pepper. Add the tomato paste, vodka and coconut milk. Blend it all smooth. Stir in the chilli flakes and cheese, and then top with fresh basil (if you want). It really doesn’t get easier than that, for a recipe that tastes this good! Obviously you can make pasta from a box mix, but we all know homemade is the way to go, especially if you’re cooking for someone special. And yes, that includes yourself! 🙂
Spicy & Cheesy Red Pepper Vodka Pasta
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings
Spicy, cheesy, red pepper vodka pasta with fresh basil & chilli flakes.
- 2 cups dry shell pasta
- 3 tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tbsp vodka
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 cup vegan cheese shreds
- fresh basil for garnish
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet or pot, add the vegan butter and heat until sizzling. Add the onion, garlic and bell pepper and cook 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the tomato paste, vodka and coconut milk and simmer 3 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Add to a blender and blend until smooth. Remember, when blending hot liquids, remove the plug in the center of the blender lid and cover loosely with a tea towel to let steam escape so it doesn’t explode!
- Add sauce and pasta back to skillet and stir to combine. Heat on low-medium. Add chilli flakes and vegan cheese and stir, heating until cheese is melted. Serve with fresh basil, if desired.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
I am so excited to try this recipe. It looks amazing! Sorry if it’s a stupid question, but should I be using coconut milk from a can or the kind you’d add to cereal?
Thanks for the fantastic recipes! You’ve saved dinner many, many times 😉
canned/full fat is best but both would work! 🙂
We love this recipe so much! We have it every week or two !! Thank you xx