How to cook soy curls! Try this easy cooking method to make the best ever soy curls with a sweet, spicy & tangy garlic sauce.
- 100g / about 2 cups soy curls
- 2 1/2 cups vegan chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp oil
Sweet & Spicy Tangy Garlic Sauce:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider or white vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 broth reserved from soaked soy curls
- Place soy curls in a bowl or container and cover with broth. Set aside for 10 minutes to rehydrate.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine all sauce ingredients and blend until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add oil. Drain the soy curls and add to the frying pan. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until starting to brown.
- Add 1/3 cup of sauce and stir to coat. Cook a few more minutes until soy curls are browned and starting to crisp.
- Add to serving dish and serve with extra sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Reheat in a frying pan or microwave until hot.