Your search for the perfect vegan, dairy-free, egg-free bakery-style homemade chocolate chip cookies ends here! This giant vegan bakery-style chocolate chip cookie recipe is made with simple pantry staple ingredients but tastes so professional.
Pair this recipe with a Brown Sugar Oat Milk Shaken Espresso Latte and you’ve got yourself a winner! Or, break into pieces and dunk into a glass of cold oat milk.
Looking for more delicious vegan cookies?
The Best-Ever Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
This recipe is based off the best chocolate chip cookie recipe EVER. My chewy vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe has been a fan favourite for about 4 years now. They’re soft and chewy, yet slightly crunchy on the edges, dotted with chocolate chips and just truly so easy to make. You only need a few simple adaptations to make them into giant bakery-style cookies, so I’m going to show you how today!
Ingredients for these bakery-style cookies:
If you want a gourmet-tasting cookie recipe without the gourmet price tag, you came to the right place!
- Vegan margarine or butter: I use vegan margarine and softened vegan butter interchangeably for these cookies. I like Becel vegan margarine and Becel Plant-Based sticks.
- Brown sugar: I use light brown sugar.
- Non-dairy milk: I use oat milk.
- Vanilla extract: Always. Just, always use it!
- Flour: All purpose flour is what I use, but you can also substitute a gluten-free baking blend like Bob’s Red Mill brand.
- Baking powder and baking soda: a tsp of each does the job!
- Salt: Just a pinch of salt is all I use since I use salted butter!
- Dairy-free chocolate chips: I use semi-sweet.
Tips for Bakery-Style Cookies:
- Baking temperature: I bake my regular size cookies at 350 F, but for these larger size cookies I bake at 375 F and then broil on 500 F for a minute at the end to ensure the tops are perfectly golden brown.
- Amount of dough per cookie: I used about 5 tbsp of dough per cookie and got 3 giant cookies.
- Extra chocolate chips: I always add extra chocolate chips on top before baking to make sure these look bakery-worthy.